In the Autumn Term 2020, Oxford House School embarked on a new digital age of education with the roll-out of individual laptops and Office 365 accounts for all pupils in Forms III – VI.
Building on the momentum of our successful delivery of online learning during lockdown, the continued use of pupil laptops in the future will ensure that our pupils continue to benefit from the use of technology to support and enhance their learning, inspiring creativity and collaboration and developing autonomous learners.
How will this change learning in the classroom?
While online learning will not be replacing traditional methods of learning in the classroom and may not be used in every lesson, the laptops will add great value to the ways in which lessons can be taught.
The top 5 benefits that can be delivered through digital learning:
- Prepared for any eventuality: should remote learning be necessary again in the future, we are prepared to seamlessly switch to online teaching and learning, ensuring that our pupils are able to access their learning anytime, anywhere, anyplace.
- New opportunities for teachers to deliver different types of instructions or resources depending on what works best for your child
- More immediate – and different types of – feedback on their work
- Presenting work in new ways, digitally
- Collaboration e.g. working together across devices in real time – and even working with students at other schools in other countries across the Cognita family
- Your child’s laptop will open up new doors on how they take notes, write essays and stories, and organise their work.
In an uncertain world, one thing every parent needs to be sure of is an excellent and uninterrupted education for their child.